The Guild of Architectural Ironmongers (GAI) has presented its Community Awards in a prestigious ceremony at London’s The Brewery venue.
The GAI Community Awards celebrate the very best businesses and individuals in the architectural ironmongery industry, with categories for achiever, company innovation, customer focus, leadership, fellowship.
Hosting a ceremony with almost 350 guests, GAI Community Executive Chair Sam Thatcher said: “These awards are held to raise the profile of exceptional commitment, innovation, customer focus, leadership and achievement throughout our sector.
“I first want to congratulate everyone who was nominated for one of today’s awards. The standard was incredibly high, and each category was extremely competitive.
“But, of course, there must be winners. And all of today’s winners were able to demonstrate that extra special something, that understanding of the need to really go the extra mile, which separates the exceptional from the very good.”
GAI Community Award winners were announced in the following categories:
– acclaiming the brightest and best among those who are still developing their careers.
Winner: Bryony Matthews, IronOut.
Highly Commended: Daniel Llewellyn, SDS London.
– for individuals, companies or teams that have delivered excellence in customer service whether through new processes or for consistently delivering beyond expectation and delighting the customer.
Winner: Norseal Ltd
Shortlisted: ASSA ABLOY Opening Solutions Ltd; Chloe Bunning, Hafele UK Ltd; Daniel Llewellyn, SDS London Ltd; Lindsay Ellis, Boss Door Controls Ltd; Michelle Watkins, Codelocks UK Ltd.
– for companies which have demonstrated they are innovating through improved processes that deliver positive change to them, their customers or wider society.
Winner: Eurobond Doors Ltd.
Shortlisted: Instinct Hardware; SDS London.
– celebrating those who have demonstrated leadership within the architectural ironmongery sector.
Winner: Michael Spoors, Managing Director, Norseal Ltd.
Shortlisted: Pat Jeffries, Commercial Director, ABLOY UK; Simon Ayers, Sales Director, SDS London Ltd.
– awarded to an individual who has shown a longstanding and ongoing commitment to the Guild of Architectural Ironmongers.
Winner: Karen Nelson DipGAI FGAI RegAI DipDS DipFD, Business Development Manager, HOPPE UK
Read more about the GAI Community Award winners at www.gai.org.uk/CommunityAwards